Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mamma Patton

Waking up out of bed not ready to go to school, not knowing where my other shoe was, and not having all my homework finished was my typical morning in high school.  While I was rushing around, stressing out about what to wear my mom would quietly be downstairs reading her Bible.  Having two teen girls at the same time could not have been easy.  Mom always made a point to spend time with God no matter how early she had to wake up.  She would always encourage us to do the same and most mornings she would share with us what God had put in her heart that morning.  Sometimes with all the chaos my mom would wake up extra early and spend her quiet time in the bathroom where she knew she probably wouldn't be interrupted.

If I could pick someone to follow in their footsteps as a christian example it would have to be my mom.  Ever since I can remember we have been going to church, reading the Bible, praying together as a family, and inviting people into our home.  With my dad being a football coach he had several players through out the years who would get homesick or even get in trouble.  Mamma Patton or Mamma P as they call her, would always have a meal cooked or an ear for advice, and yes she even showed some of them some very tough love that my sister and I knew all too well.

My mom has always been a working mom, working very long hours and I know sometimes felt very guilty that she wasn't as "present" as other moms.  But I would rather have my mom over anyone else any day.  I am blessed beyond measures to have such a strong christian example in my life and also a close friend.


I am writing this blog because today is her birthday and I would love for some of her friends or anybody that she has touched in this life to share their story.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMMA P!!!

9 comments:

  1. Debbie is a beautiful lady inside and out. She's always there for me in good times and bad to provide a listening ear and a sweet smile. The thing that I most teasure are her daily prayers for me. I am blest to call her my sister! Happy Birthday Sis! Love you long and love you strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mrs. Debbie! Without question you have raised a pair of fantastic daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom you're awesome...

    http://liketreasurehiddeninafield.blogspot.com/2011/04/hola-que-pasa-blog-post-for-mom.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Debbie! I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm looking forward to NYC with you and my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, We do not get to see each other very often, but that does not mean that I don't think about you. I have precious memories of our childhood and the good times we had which I will never forget.

    Wishing you the happiest of birthdays love Beverly Christenbury

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie,
    Happy Birthday. Haven and I love you and coach! I hope he takes you out to eat somewhere expensive. You are truly special!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY B-DAY MAMA PATTON!!!!!!! As many times as you have feed me, I feel like I am apart of the family!! Many, Many times I have looked forward to seeing YOU esp. knowing that the DIP is waiting at the Patton house! You have the best smile and I think Coach Patton out-kicked his coverage when he put a ring on YOU!!!!! LOL! I love you and hope you have an awesome b-day!!!!
    -Big Baby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me begin by saying that I cannot imagine my life without Momma P! And I would have definitely not survived my years at the Webb without her.

    From the moment I met her with her beautiful, welcoming smile, to then really getting to know her, she truly is the perfect epitome of what a fabulous woman is.

    Even though she didn't realize at the time that she would be able to sign adoption papers for me by the time I moved out of NC, she always had her home and her heart open to me. I will never forget all that she has done for me and I hope that at some point I will be able to return whatever she needs.

    From laundry loads, to stocking taco soup ingredients, to stocking completely vegetarian and organic taco soup ingredients, Momma P always makes you feel welcomed and special.

    Her extremely successful career is yet another attribute to her fabulous self, I admire her immensely. One of my favorite sayings is, "I want to be like Momma P when I grow up!" I also tend to constantly ask myself, "WWMPD!"

    She is such a wealth of knowledge, I always enjoy my time spend with her and our conversations. I miss her dearly, but know she is just a phone call away and will always be there for me-Just as I am for you Momma P!!

    So, Momma P, I am wishing you love, light and happiness on this special day that The Universe and God blessed the rest of us with. Without you, we would all be lost, especially Daddy P-we won't even get started there;)..

    "It's better to eat soup with someone you love, than steak with someone you hate" Prv 15:17

    I love you so much and I'm so thankful and blessed to have you in my life! XooX

    ReplyDelete