Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Have you ever been frustrated at where you are in your life? That was a dumb question...I know we've probably all been there. But lately I just feel like I am at a stand still. I'm frustrated that I still live with my parents but so so so grateful that God has blessed me with amazing parents that are easy to live with and some of my best friends. I am frustrated with having four jobs, but I am also thankful that I have a job at all in this tough economy. I have also been getting frustrated that none of my plans for my life are happening the way I planned.

I know that last statement sounded very selfish, but honestly this is how I feel sometimes. I have to remind myself of Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This verse is very popular and I know a lot of people who say it to themselves daily, but really take time and say it out loud 3 times....no really go ahead and say it 3 times out loud for real. Now don't you feel better?

I may not know why God always puts me in the situations that He does, all I know is I need to please and praise him in everything that I do. It may not be my will but it is His. There is no reason I should ever complain about anything. God has blessed me with so much...but I'm only human right?

I am blogging this to apologize to God for being ungrateful and to share my journey so you can take a "walk in my shoes"

-Stetson in Stilettos-

No comments:

Post a Comment